Hiding other users home dirs (parent dirs)

simonli17

Cadet
Connected FreeNAS to LDAPS. In FreeNAS created 1 pool which consist of 2 datasets (shared and homes) e.g. /mnt/pool/homes/ and /mnt/pool/shared/ .In LDAPS server i have configured shared group (rwx for group members) and set group owner of folder /mnt/pool/shared/ in FreeNAS to shared - this work like charm. After that i linked users to create own home folder in /mnt/pool/homes/. Creating home folders for users work fine but every user can move to parent directory /mnt/pool/homes/ and can list all the folders (can't open them because of permissions) e.g. user1 can see in /mnt/pool/homes/ folders user1 user2 user3.... but have rights only to user1 folder. I want it to make like in synology when user1 connect to FreeNAS with sftp and he can see home folder user1/ and shared folder shared/. Is it possible and how ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
If you enable "Use as home share" for /mnt/pool/homes, when users map to /mnt/pool/homes, they'll land in their individual home directory, and won't see any other directories under there.