Hi guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

After a few months on the forum, and solving some issues from others posts, I believe I need to join as I cannot find the answer. Also in my mission of building freenas server (6 disks - Z2), my first ZFS system, I learned a lot, and maybe can answer some basic questions.

My fist setup got corrupted (USB), but I managed to load the volume into a new install, no problem, and this was a great plus for freeNAS.

But now after update more and more issues exist, so I will try to post in appropriate topics.

I have one thing to share before that - be careful with your usb flash disck - do surface test or something before install... I lost a week because of defective USB drive :)

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello everyone,

After a few months on the forum, and solving some issues from others posts, I believe I need to join as I cannot find the answer. Also in my mission of building freenas server (6 disks - Z2), my first ZFS system, I learned a lot, and maybe can answer some basic questions.

My fist setup got corrupted (USB), but I managed to load the volume into a new install, no problem, and this was a great plus for freeNAS.

But now after update more and more issues exist, so I will try to post in appropriate topics.

I have one thing to share before that - be careful with your usb flash disck - do surface test or something before install... I lost a week because of defective USB drive :)

Or back up your config file. :D

Oh, I lost a week trying to install on failing usb, having all sort of problems...
I had no problems importing pool on same version (9.3 at that time) and i liked that :)
config was very simple - just 2 shares.

Now I have a problem trying to import pool on new version...or create a new pool... I guess I'll go to install & upgrade section for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.