Help with recent update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig LaBruno

Dabbler
I recently decided to perform an upgrade from FREENAS 9.2 to FREENAS 9.3. I followed all of the instructions and used the gui option. Everything seemed to go good and it looked like the update was going fine but when my computer went to reboot in order to complete the upgrade an error is now coming up on my screen saying that no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. I use a USB stick to boot from so I went into my bios to see maybe if this had something to do with the boot order but when I select the usb drive and reboot I am still getting this error. Please Help!!!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Nothing about that hardware is server-grade, and the RAM is half the minimum required for 9.3. However, the more likely problem is related to booting from a device with a GPT partition table rather than an MBR one. Many older computers don't know how to do that, but I don't know about that machine in particular.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Do you have 8GB of memory in that box? You can try installing again or reimaging the USB back to 9.2.0.9 and see if that works. If it does your server might not support gpt boot partitions.

Craig LaBruno

Dabbler
Yeah I guess am going to revert back to 9.2. I have had FREENAS 9.2 set up on this machine for almost a year now and never had any problems at all. And I had several of the plugins installed as well like Plex, Couch Potato, Sabnzb, etc which worked flawlessly. Maybe this has something to do with the 9.3 update. I'm actually kicking myself in the butt for evening performing the update. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

Craig LaBruno

Dabbler
Yeah I guess am going to revert back to 9.2. I have had FREENAS 9.2 set up on this machine for almost a year now and never had any problems at all. And I had several of the plugins installed as well like Plex, Couch Potato, Sabnzb, etc which worked flawlessly. Maybe this has something to do with the 9.3 update. I'm actually kicking myself in the butt for evening performing the update. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!
Oh and my machine has 6gb's of Ram not 4. I added more awhile back. Forgot to mention that.

sremick

Patron
Oh and my machine has 6gb's of Ram not 4. I added more awhile back. Forgot to mention that.
8GB would be the minimum RAM without plugins/jails. Once you start talking plugins, especially heavy ones like Plex, you should be looking at 16GB minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.