Help with pool and files transfer after fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanZ

Dabbler
but i just created a new volume n2, just to see if new1 would show up
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# ls /mnt                                                                                                          
md_size n2                                                                                                                        
[root@freenas ~]#

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
but i just created a new volume n2, just to see if new1 would show up
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# ls /mnt                                                                                                        
md_size n2                                                                                                                      
[root@freenas ~]#
Okay, looks like your pool is mounted on n2, so show us the output from this:
Code:
ls /mnt/n2

Also, you really, really need to tell us about your system, per the forum rules. What brand and model of motherboard you're using, the CPU and RAM, the number and model of your hard drives, etc. Help us to help you.

StanZ

Dabbler
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# ls /mnt/n2                                                                                                   
[root@freenas ~]#

nothing there as I just created it 5 min ago
i am after new1/users
and new1/all

as u can see there is nothing in n2

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zfs list                                                                                                        
NAME                                                    USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT                                            
freenas-boot                                            624M  6.60G    31K  none                                                  
freenas-boot/ROOT                                       617M  6.60G    25K  none                                                  
freenas-boot/ROOT/Initial-Install                         1K  6.60G   613M  legacy                                                
freenas-boot/ROOT/default                               617M  6.60G   614M  legacy                                                
freenas-boot/grub                                      6.33M  6.60G  6.33M  legacy                                                
n2                                                      404K  5.03G    19K  /mnt/n2                                                
n2/.system                                              172K  5.03G    20K  legacy                                                
n2/.system/configs-7f4d67ae16c94917b949456bb9f364ad      19K  5.03G    19K  legacy                                                
n2/.system/cores                                         19K  5.03G    19K  legacy                                                
n2/.system/rrd-7f4d67ae16c94917b949456bb9f364ad          19K  5.03G    19K  legacy                                                
n2/.system/samba4                                        32K  5.03G    32K  legacy                                                
n2/.system/syslog-7f4d67ae16c94917b949456bb9f364ad     63.5K  5.03G  63.5K  legacy                                                
new1                                                   10.4G  1.75T   184K  /new1                                                  
new1/.system                                           31.6M  1.75T   104K  legacy                                                
new1/.system/configs-5ece5c906a8f4df886779fae5cade8a5  18.1M  1.75T  17.8M  legacy                                                
new1/.system/cores                                     2.14M  1.75T  2.08M  legacy                                                
new1/.system/rrd-5ece5c906a8f4df886779fae5cade8a5        96K  1.75T    96K  legacy                                                
new1/.system/samba4                                    5.71M  1.75T  3.16M  legacy                                                
new1/.system/syslog-5ece5c906a8f4df886779fae5cade8a5   5.11M  1.75T  1.80M  legacy                                                
new1/all                                               6.25G  1.75T  5.21G  /new1/all                                              
new1/all/a1                                            1.03G  1.75T    64K  -                                                      
new1/jails                                              772M  1.75T   124K  /new1/jails                                            
new1/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail                  456M  1.75T   449M  /new1/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail                
new1/jails/crashplan_1                                  316M  1.75T   759M  /new1/jails/crashplan_1                                
new1/users                                             3.34G  1.75T  3.27G  /new1/users                                            
[root@freenas ~]#

is there a way to mount new1 ????

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# ls /mnt/n2                                                                                                     
[root@freenas ~]#
Okay... what happened when you ran Import Volume from the GUI's Storage menu? Did you see something like this:
volume-import.jpg

StanZ

Dabbler
yes and it did something, i tried second option but i dont remember encrypting anything

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I dont see Auto Import under volume manager
This http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/storage.html#import-volume

It also seems like you are in way over your head here. Please stop and follow directions better. Post your hardware info, tell us all the things you have done. For example why, when and how did your create n2? Sure seems like you created a new pool. If so where did you get these disks?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

StanZ

Dabbler
This http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/storage.html#import-volume

It also seems like you are in way over your head here. Please stop and follow directions better. Post your hardware info, tell us all the things you have done. For example why, when and how did your create n2? Sure seems like you created a new pool. If so where did you get these disks?

did that 3 times
and as far as creating n2, i explained in 4 posts above, that i just created it to see if "new1" would show up but it did not,
the disk for n2 i used 5gb off the bootable usb that freenas is installed on

EMC Isilon x200 Node NAS Storage System Array 12x 1TB 12TB SATA 10Gb Ethernet installed 4x1tb hdd and 8gb ram

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Ok I'm done here and so should everyone else. This person doesn't really care to get any help.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
This is confusing and frustrating for all of us...

The output you show from 'zfs list' implies that your pool is mounted in /new1 instead of in /mnt, where experienced users expect a pool to reside. Also, the slash characters are important: new1 is not the same as /new1. Show us the output of these commands:
Code:
ls /new1
zpool status
zpool list

StanZ

Dabbler
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# ls /new1                                                     
[root@freenas ~]#

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zpool status                                                                                                     
  pool: freenas-boot                                                                                                               
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                     
  scan: none requested                                                                                                             
config:                                                                                                                             

NAME                                          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                   
        freenas-boot                                  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                   
          gptid/938df3f6-7adf-11e6-b7e3-003048f1eb6e  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                   

errors: No known data errors                                                                                                       

pool: n2                                                                                                                         
  scan: none requested                                                                                                             
config:                                                                                                                             

NAME                                          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                   
        n2                                            ONLINE       0     0     0                                                   
          gptid/afaefc78-7afd-11e6-8fda-003048f1eb6e  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                   

pool: new1                                                                                                                       
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 0 errors on Sat Sep 10 22:01:29 2016                                                         
config:                                                                                                                             

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                 
        new1                                            ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/ae81566b-a9e2-11e5-a3a0-003048f1eb6e  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/af5af84a-a9e2-11e5-a3a0-003048f1eb6e  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
          mirror-1                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/b0341d3e-a9e2-11e5-a3a0-003048f1eb6e  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/b1093fc1-a9e2-11e5-a3a0-003048f1eb6e  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 

[root@freenas ~]#        

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# zpool list                                                                                                       
NAME           SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT                                                   
freenas-boot  7.44G   624M  6.83G         -      -     8%  1.00x  ONLINE  -                                                         
n2            5.19G   564K  5.19G         -     0%     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  /mnt                                                     
new1          1.81T  9.35G  1.80T         -     0%     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -                                                         
[root@freenas ~]#

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
yes and it did something, i tried second option but i dont remember encrypting anything
You don't want to try to decrypt unencrypted disks... perhaps you should repeat the import, not selecting 'Decrypt' this time.

From the looks of your last post, your new1 pool is there... somewhere... or not, as 'ls /new1' showed nothing. And it's not mounted in /mnt like it ought to be. Something's wrong; I think your import isn't working for some reason.

I'm going to have to punt and defer to the folks with more experience importing pools.

StanZ

Dabbler
Solved some what. Was able to import zfs volume, was not able to recover config file from damaged usb, (all good config is the easy part)

Ps. Did not loose any of my files. Thank u all who participated here and in chat

Status
Not open for further replies.