Help with installing Logitech media server in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggyk

Contributor
Here is the link to the package I used. Its working perfect no issues so far.

https://audiodigitale.eu/?p=87

i was going to wait until the update to see if it will bring over my jails. I only have two custom jails, rest are plugins.

mrMuppet

Contributor
Here is the link to the package I used. Its working perfect no issues so far.

https://audiodigitale.eu/?p=87

I was going to wait until the update to see if it will bring over my jails. I only have two custom jails, rest are plugins.
Thanks for the link. That looks very interesting!

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

KrisBee

Wizard
I've just built two versions of a LMS jail using iocage . First using the logitechmediaserver port, and the second using the package (if you trust it) found by BL in that interesting link. They both work.

I don't have a touch or other logitech hardware, but I run squeezelite on RPis as my players. You don't need to set allow raw sockets (seem to remember that was necessary when using a trad jail with vnet), but did you check that LMS started without out complaining about locale and SSL? Whether you use a port or package you need to install the "p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.051" pkg in your iocage jail and fix the jail's locale, then you get a clean LMS start.

Haven't had time to test adding plugins or various audio formats, etc. If LMS is still not picking up players (touch,etc.), perhaps check all the player settings as the LMS IP has probably changed, e.g. Extras>Music Source>name of LMS Local Server & Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Library > Add New Library.

mrMuppet

Contributor
@KrisBee I'm glad there is someone with a working LMS in iocage!
When i install via Ports, then the SSL-socket pkg is already installed. But i do get a locale "c" error message. Trying to figure out how to get rid of it. How did you change it?
The audiodigitale-pkg is missing ssl and after installing it, lms is still missing my players.

KrisBee

Wizard
@mrMuppet Sorry to hear you are still having problems. If I hadn't made it clear before, I did all the iocage work at the CLI, didn't touch the new UI.

The way I found to set the locale within the iocage jail was to edit this file /root/.cshrc.

I added these lines:

Code:
setenv LC_ALL 'en_GB.UTF-8'
setenv LANG 'en_GB.UTF-8'
setenv MM_CHARSET 'UTF-8'
setenv TZ Europe/London

amend for your location. You can use ee, or echo lines to file, or cat with a heredoc, etc.

Other than that, if the server is not finding players it's down to checking logs, networks, touch setup, etc. Might be instructive if you could run the "squeezelite" program from a PC/laptop to see if it can connect to the server as it has comprehensive logging. I've no recent experience of using a Touch.

mrMuppet

Contributor
Ok. its getting better. With the right (your) locale config i can start lms without errors. And once i did get one radio displayed in the audiodigitale-installation. It showed me the radio was connected to mysqueezebox and i was able to adopt it to my local server. Then i tried to do it with the ports-server but there it didn't appear. Switching back to audiodigitale-jail its gone again. Now i have to find out how i can make it appear again...

mrMuppet

Contributor
Ok. I reset the radio, and was able to overtake it from mysqueezebox again. But now it is in a kind of meta stadium: I can send songs to it from my servers ui and they are played on the radio, but the radio itself doesn't recognize it: when i go to "my music" it shows me i should download the server software and when i press the homebutton to show the actually played song i get the error "pling".

Edit: In the logfile there is one line: "Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [13:48:01.2257] dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [repositories]"

biggyk

Contributor
Whether you use a port or package you need to install the "p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.051" pkg in your iocage jail and fix the jail's locale, then you get a clean LMS start
Can this be installed in warden? Even thought my automations and control works fine in home assistant the log is getting constant errors, maybe its related as tts doesnt work right now.
Failed communicating with LMS: <class 'aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError'>

Last edited:

mrMuppet

Contributor

mrMuppet

Contributor
Well I'm just looking for that package. I tried to install it in my warden jail but it says wrong jail version of course.
I'll try.

biggyk

Contributor
Im still pretty new to this stuff but Im thinking maybe thats the issue as my home assistant is behind ssl

mrMuppet

Contributor
I'm still pretty new to this stuff but I'm thinking maybe thats the issue as my home assistant is behind ssl
I installed my Home Assistant this way. Now i'm on ioBroker so its not updated any more...

biggyk

Contributor
I installed my Home Assistant this way. Now I'm on ioBroker so its not updated any more...
Nice, im going bookmark that.

But, my home assistant is on a pi3 using hassbian. Only the lms jail is on my freenas atm. IM running a max2play rp3 as well that can host lms but id rather have it stay on freenas.

mrMuppet

Contributor
Well I'm just looking for that package. I tried to install it in my warden jail but it says wrong jail version of course.
I tried it and it installed without any errors. Its a 11.0 jail. did you try "pkg update" und "pkg upgrade" before?

biggyk

Contributor
ok i was able to install it and restarted. Still get erros in the HA log but I think its related to my HA being behind SSL. So for tts it wont work.

mrMuppet

Contributor
Ok. I reset the radio, and was able to overtake it from mysqueezebox again. But now it is in a kind of meta stadium: I can send songs to it from my servers ui and they are played on the radio, but the radio itself doesn't recognize it: when I go to "my music" it shows me I should download the server software and when I press the homebutton to show the actually played song I get the error "pling".

Edit: In the logfile there is one line: "Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [13:48:01.2257] dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [repositories]"
We drifted away. I still need help for this!

KrisBee

Wizard
Can this be installed in warden? Even thought my automations and control works fine in home assistant the log is getting constant errors, maybe its related as tts doesnt work right now.
Failed communicating with LMS: <class 'aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError'>

Yes, I did install that perl SSL pkg on a warden jail in FreeNAS 11.1-U1. Attempting to install the LMS port throws up a "ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM" due to kernel and user environment being out of step in warden.

Code:
root@LMSjail:/ # uname -K
root@LMSjail:/ # uname -U

I added "ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=yes" to the file /etc/make.conf to be able to proceed.

Although a warden jail appears to inherit the FreeNAS host locale, LMS still throws a locale error. LMS port in Warden Jail is up &

Status
Not open for further replies.