Help with install errors "GptZFSboot:error 128 lba xxxxxxxxxxxx" & "ZFS: can't find pool by GUID" - Can't load kernel

HM-FreeNas

Cadet
Hello I am trying to install FreeNAS 11.3-U4.1 on a 64GB Kingston SSD SATA drive and the installation seems to run successfully till the end afterwhich I reboot and get the errors
"GptZFSboot:error 128 lba xxxxxxxxxxxx" - Many lines of this type of error with different numbers

"ZFS: can't find pool by GUID"

"Can't load kernel"

My device is a Thecus n7710-G NAS using Legacy boot and not UEFI as UEFI has never worked properly on this NAS.

I have pictures of each step and choices taken during the install and I have attached a picture of the output from "Gpart List ada0" for the 64 GB Kingston SSD SATA Drive showing the details on the GPT partition scheme post-installation. I have also attached a picture of the output from "DiskInfo -v ada0" of the 64GB Kingston SSD SATA drive.

The funny thing is that I had successfully installed FreeNAS 11.3-U4.1 in a separate USB 3.0 pendrive that boots and works properly through the same Thecus n7710-G NAS device.

Any useful help for a FreeNAS newbie will be most appreciated, thank you for looking :smile:

HM-FreeNas

Cadet
Diskinfo -v Ada0
DiskInfo - 64GB Kingston SATA Drive.gif
Gpart List for 64 GB SATA Drive - 1.gif
Gpart List for 64 GB SATA Drive - 2.gif
Failure from FreeNAS 11.4 Install on 64 GB SATA drive.gif