SOLVED Help with Cyberpower CP685AVR-G

Status
Not open for further replies.

D G

Explorer
Hello,

I am finally trying to properly configure the UPS I have connected to my system. Previously, I had it plugged in, but not with USB, hoping it would just power the server long enough for the power to come back online or for me to shut it down manually.

Today I tried plugging in the USB cable from my CyberPower CP685AVR-G (yes I know it is old), and I can't seem to get it working. I see that it isn't on the list of supported UPS, but I was hoping that since it was CyberPower, it would be similar enough that it would work. As it stands, I plug it in and the following it just looped over and over into the console:

Code:
Aug 23 12:00:31 freenas kernel: ugen1.3: <CPS> at usbus1
Aug 23 12:00:38 freenas kernel: ugen1.3: <CPS> at usbus1 (disconnected)
Aug 23 12:00:40 freenas kernel: ugen1.3: <CPS> at usbus1
Aug 23 12:00:40 freenas root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x0764 product 0x0501 bus uhub3

Any tips on what to do? I tried to configure the UPS service, but I couldn't even get it to turn on (I'm running 9.2.1.7, and the rest of my system specs are in my sig). I'm completely new to setting up an UPS, and yes, I did read the manual entry on it, but I'm still pretty solidly in the dark.

Also, when I do try to turn on the UPS service, I get an email saying "COMMBAD - ups", if that tells anything.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Not much you can do. It's not even picking up the vendor ID, thus no driver for it.

D G

Explorer
Thank you so much for replying and deciphering that for me. I was pretty sure I was hosed, but figured I would ask.

I'll just have to wait until I can buy a new one, and make sure it is on the supported list. Guess it's still better than nothing, though.

Yatti420

Wizard
You may want to post on the NUT forums and see if support can be added in he future .

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.