Help requested. starting with jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkflame

Dabbler
can anyone sugest what type of jail I can create to start with to lean this.

i am new to this kind of stuff i have setup my own plex plugin on my xeon server with 4 3TB WD red in zfs and it runs great but i would like to make my own jails running stuff like teamspeak and in the future more than that but I just dont know where to start.

if at all possible video's would be awsome. but otherwise anny reading you could sugest to learn this.

appologies for my english.
PS i dont have a real tech education although i work in tech support but leanred evrything as I go.
i work at a local ISP so i know a bit about networking just not alot about the software side.

INMHO the best jail you can start to build to learn is a FAMP stack with Wordpress. It will cover all the basics and leave you with something useful. HERE is a guide that is easy to follow. I recommend you do your "plugin" installing manually as its much easier to update and configure down the road. But first you will need to install a jail. HERE is the official documentation for that. Good luck, welcome, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.