Hello from the US - Have been lurking a while, finally ready to share!

Hello from the US, I have been a lurker on here for the past year (2018) or so after building my system. I'm still in awe that I have my own server. I'm just an enthusiast. Not as hardcore as those who have built their systems with rack mounts (no room for that quite yest unfortunately. SO I have my system built into a mITX case. System is as follows:

Its not a bad setup. I have FreeNas 11.1 U5 currently running on it with Plex running in a jail. That is primarily it, Plex was my main goal with the project as I had 8TB worth of data. Now that I'm getting more familiar I'm looking to branch out and expand my horizons and increase my knowledge. I would like to update to 11.2, and look into getting Bitwarden running as well as utilizing NextCloud.

With a potential upgrade to 11.2 would it be worth keeping Plex in a jail and upgrading the Warden jail to an iocage jail. Or Installing a VM and running plex, bitwarden, and Nextcloud within the VM. I have read that jails are a better use of system resources, however I am looking to add another 16GB of Ram and possibly 8TB more of storage to my server. Currently I have 16TB total - Mirrored and Striped together. I like to tinker and learn, but am by no means a master.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Again a long time lurker, but I figure I'll never get an answer to the question I have if I don't ask.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Welcome to the forum!