Hard drive burn-in testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks and would like a little help please...
I'm still waiting for my Mother board, so, in the mean time I've got a USB loaded with FreeNAS and set up an unused PC with an Asus P6X58D motherboard and 24GB ram... Is it ok use this for testing my 3 new WD 3tb HDDs?. Started the badblocks test and everything looked ok (0/0/0 errors) until it started the second round then I got (0,0,349560 errors) or such on all 3 drives. Seems to me that my rig is the problem, Thanks in advance.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
This kind of thing can sometimes happen if one of the data cables aren't right.

If you want to post the complete output of
Code:
smartctl -qnoserial -x /dev/ada0
and ada1, ada2 (assuming your drives are ada0-ada2---verify by running 'camcontrol devlist'), (either post the output in CODE tags with square brackets here in the forum, or on pastebin), I/we will take a look for anything that looks amiss on the drives themselves.

This kind of thing can sometimes happen if one of the data cables aren't right.

If you want to post the complete output of
Code:
smartctl -qnoserial -x /dev/ada0
and ada1, ada2 (assuming your drives are ada0-ada2---verify by running 'camcontrol devlist'), (either post the output in CODE tags with square brackets here in the forum, or on pastebin), I/we will take a look for anything that looks amiss on the drives themselves.
I'm waiting for the current tests (badblocks---3rd pass) to complete before I figure out and send in the report, Thanks for your patience. By the way you mentioned that if 1 of the data (SATA) cables is'nt right.... but the errors are on all 3 drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.