GUI permission changes not saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Dabbler
Ok so here's my problem, having recently decided to use FreeNAS for my home server I began the process of setting up basic file sharing over CIFS using the latest FreeNAS build.

My intention was to set up a single share called Primary which would hold all my movies, tv ,etc. Myself being the primary user would have read/write/exc permissions and a second user "Everyone" would have read/exc perms.
I set up the two users then a ZFS volume called primary and a CIFS share pointing to that volume. I set both users into the same group "users" and set the owner user of the volume as me and group as users with deafult read/write perms for user/group.
That didnt work as i intened as while I was able to access the share the second user wasnt.

So we get to the main issue
When i tried to reconfigure the perms to get the second user to work no matter what permissions i set they didnt work, even when i set the second user as the volume owner it still required my account to log in to access it.

I have since tried a number of configs and I am being confounded by the fact that very few of the changes i have made appear to be saving.

Please can someone help me with this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.