Guest User is able to see all SMB shares

Hi there everyone
Im new to FreeNAS and basically I want to accomplish this for my server I have a guest share for guest users and I have another share that is for authentic users only to access but when connecting in on the guest user Mac/PC it sees the other share but can not access it because of the premissions. Is there a way to not have the guest user see all the other shares that it does not have permissions to see?
by the way using SMB

Thanks
Adam Weston

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi there everyone
Im new to FreeNAS and basically I want to accomplish this for my server I have a guest share for guest users and I have another share that is for authentic users only to access but when connecting in on the guest user Mac/PC it sees the other share but can not access it because of the premissions. Is there a way to not have the guest user see all the other shares that it does not have permissions to see?
by the way using SMB

Thanks
Adam Weston

There is a checkbox for "access-based share enumeration". This requires that you modify the Share ACL (not SMB/ZFS ACL). This can be modified via "sharesec" command line utility or Computer Management MMC snap-in.

There is a checkbox for "access-based share enumeration". This requires that you modify the Share ACL (not SMB/ZFS ACL). This can be modified via "sharesec" command line utility or Computer Management MMC snap-in.
im a bit confused and also I thought access based share enumeration does not work for Mac?

It works regardless of platform. It alters the response of the server to NetShareEnum.

HI there ok,
is there a way to walk me through the steps on what to do I already put the access based emmeration in the share what else should I do

thanks