Status
Not open for further replies.

Berna

Dabbler
Geting Grub error efter udate to lateat9. somthing

GRUB
Error unknown device 60696904

And repitning until i pull plug
Is ther an hardwher or is it just to run some fixfile ?
shall i reboot whit USB stick and repair or ?
I dont get it whay do i get all non existens error all the time
PLz help some one to point me in the right direktion
Regards
Berna

D

dlavigne

That usually means your boot device died. Try reinstalling to a new stick and restoring your config.

Berna

Dabbler
My freeNAS hav been runing for more than a year whit non problem until a monthe ago
it start to reboot and becoming unrechebel to my other system Just have to restart it and it vas fine agen
But now it was unrechebel by Win computer but i can logon to it by WEB GUI no problem and it tels me ther is an stabel 9.xx version so i THINK it is somthing to do whit that and Yes GO ahed UPGRADE
Some progresbars arrive att wcreen and working Fine Picture come Rebooting (Nice i think)
DEAD
WELCOM to GRUB

Utill i brake Power
What the F hapen
Some one have any clue ?
regards
Berna

D

dlavigne

Is this after reinstalling to a new stick as I suggested above?

scrappy

Patron
This happened to me as well. However, it finally got past the Grub errors on its own after about five minutes. I use a pair of mirrored boot USB thumb drives and both are showing up as healthy.

Attachments

• grub_error.PNG
    grub_error.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 432

wxlsxn

Dabbler
This happened to me as well. However, it finally got past the Grub errors on its own after about five minutes. I use a pair of mirrored boot USB thumb drives and both are showing up as healthy.
Same here, mine wasn't so lucky. Imploded and wouldn't come back. I'm in the middle of recovering, we'll see how this goes.

EDIT: And all went well after upgrading/reinstalling FreeNAS back to my original drive. All this happened after performing IOCAGE changes when moving Nextcloud from deprecated jail. Everything started running real slow, performed a reboot on FreeNAS and never came back up.

Glad the recovery process is so easy though, whew!

Last edited:

Berna

Dabbler
Thanks for answer
Was not att home I have to trye to reinstall tonight
Hopfuly it is only boot on drive that is broken
do the Freenas program discower my old stripeset or do i have to remember al the setings i did 1 yar ago....
Regards
Berna

wxlsxn

Dabbler
Thanks for answer
Was not att home I have to trye to reinstall tonight
Hopfuly it is only boot on drive that is broken
do the Freenas program discower my old stripeset or do i have to remember al the setings i did 1 yar ago....
Regards
Berna
For me something in the configuration broke. My drive was fine so it reinstalled and found the old config and worked fine.
From what I gathered, if your drive is toast, then you needed to have backed up the config or it may be in your pool(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.