Greetings from Austin, Tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpyoldman

Cadet
Good morning/afternoon/evening & night,

Well I've been a quiet observer of the forums and user of both 9.10/10 for approximately 2 years, most recently Corral. I've read the lengthy announcement concerning the fate of Corral and debated for a week plus on how I would proceed from here. Yes I invested a large number of my personal hours working with Corral, was that time wasted? I don't think so, anytime you learn or gain information that can be used in the future that time is an investment. An investment that at first felt wasted, but the more I read the less of a waste it seemed. So here I am today introducing myself to a community that I lurked around and gained information/knowledge from, but now I plan to work towards becoming a contributor as well as a consumer. I have supported software development companies in various IT roles since I exited the military in early 2001, I've seen projects succeed and fail during that time. The last 2ish years of work on FN10 is only a waste if there were no lessons learned or ideas that can/will be reused (We all have our favorite piece that we want to see in the next evolution of FN).

This is my long winded introduction just to say... well I'll keep using FreeNAS, I was a consumer of it before Corral and I'll continue to be a consumer of it after the decision to back up, it still does what attracted me to it in the first place and I'm interested to see where it will go now. I'm backing up my data tonight and will perform a clean install from the ground up tomorrow night (into the weekend for some of it, I'm going to see what I can use iohyve & docker for. FreeNAS already has the storage part of it solid.

Flamers go ahead and light your torches, you'll waste your time on me.

~grumpyoldman

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
It's always good to see another curmudgeon on the forum. Welcome!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If only more people could take such a positive attitude...

grumpyoldman

Cadet
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade... then find someone that life has given vodka and have a party. -- Ron White :)

Status
Not open for further replies.