Granting Full Permissions For A Windows (SMB) User To Modify iocage Folder

James752

Cadet
As it was clearly stated with upgrading to TrueNAS 12.0, they removed the ability to use root as the login for SMB shares. I can no longer modify anything in the iocage folder (I was able to set ACL's for my other datasets on the pool successfully but have messed up all my jails by changing the ACL's on the iocage folder; I have since fixed the damage). I know you are to be very cautious when changing permissions on the system generated folders...not sure if I am doing it wrong by setting them at the iocage level in storage pools. Ideally, I need to find a work around as I want to give a new non-root user full access to the iocage folder on my pool so I can modify files and folders within the jails using an SMB share (such as restoring backup database files for my jails and modifying/moving/deleting media downloaded from SABnzbd). Hoping there is a solution using Windows (SMB) as the OS that will access the datasets. I do not have the option to run other OS systems to access my data. Please let me know the specific steps I need to take to fix this problem.