GPU Passthrough issue

platinumjsi

Dabbler
I have been running a Linux VM with an Nvidia GPU passed through for a while now with no issues, I recently decided to upgrade the very old GPU and replaced it with an AMD Radeon RX6400 GPU.
I things up the same by first removing the old GPU from the VM settings, replacing the harder and then going back in and Isolating the GPU under "Isolated GPU Device(s)" and then selecting the GPU under the VM options and all was well, the VM booted fine and could see the GPU but would not install drivers and would not appear to use the GPU.
For testing I then set up a Windows VM, and assigned it the GPU, again the VM could see the GPU but couldn't start it, giving me an error in device manager (I did try the old Nvidia card on this same VM to be sure and it worked fine).

This leads me to believe there are issues with Radeon cards and GPU pass-through? though it seems odd that TrueNAS detects it as does the VM's?

The only other odd thing I noticed was that the GPU is detected as Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 743f rather than RX 6400, the Nvidia GPU is detected by its model number.

Any advice, am I out of look with this config?

Thanks in advance.