AMD Radeon GPU pass through

Bob5778

Cadet
Hi all,

I have a Nvidia gpu already in my Truenas scale compute, I bought another GPU on eBay but realised it was AMD Radeon. Is this supported for pass through for plex or windows 10 vm? As I see then vidIQ drivers but nothing about AMD. Thanks.

Trexx

Dabbler
Plex supports Intel iGPU's, and Nvidia GPU's for HW Transcoding (other than some specific point cases related to NAS w/integrated GPU). AMD GPU's are currently not supported.

Bob5778

Cadet
Plex supports Intel iGPU's, and Nvidia GPU's for HW Transcoding (other than some specific point cases related to NAS w/integrated GPU). AMD GPU's are currently not supported.

Thank you for your response. That will teach me to bid last minute with not checking first.

Trexx

Dabbler
You could flip things around though and use the AMD GPU for your "console" device and then the Nvidia for Docker/VM's, etc. if you didn't already have an embedded console video output.

Another option would be to use the Nvidia GPU with Container Plex (ix or truecharts) and then pass-through the AMD GPU for VM for other use cases.

Bob5778

Cadet
Good thinking Yes that sound good switching them around. Thank you again, is much appreciated.