Getting to know TrueNAS using Hyper-V VM and VHDXs (errors creating pools but all seem OK after...)

zYx

Cadet
Hi there,

I'm just using Hyper-V t familiarise myself with TrueNAS and the configuration before I put the hardware together.

I created 8 x VHDX dynamically expanding disks in Hyper-V, 100GB each. Installed TrueNAS OS on a separate VHDX (30GB, also dynamically expanding). When creating RAIDZ pool I received the following error

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 391, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 975, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 764, in do_create
    await self.finalize_zpool_create_or_import(job, pool)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 802, in finalize_zpool_create_or_import
    await self.middleware.call('disk.sync_zfs_guid', pool)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1305, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1262, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/disk_/zfs_guid.py", line 59, in sync_zfs_guid
    self.middleware.send_event("disk.query", "CHANGED", id=event, fields=disks[event])
KeyError: '{uuid}2ab3d913-f8ae-11ec-ac5e-00155d000202'

I followed these steps and all were completed successfully. I can access the share from various devices on my network just fine. All seems to be working as it should.

Is the error related to the fact that I'm running Hyper-V setup and can I simply ignore it for now? I believe Hyper-V is not properly supported and I am just playing atm.
I don't want anything going wrong when I get to build the actual hardware. A lot of TBs of data is at stake.

Cheers

sretalla