Get .system to replicate via snapshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobus

Cadet
I want to replicate my .system folder via Snapshots and Replication tasks but since I moved my dataset location from one drive to another, the .system does not show up under menu Periodic Snapshots. A df -h reveals something like this:

Storage/.system/samba4 4.55M 2.22T 4.55M legacy

zfs list:

Storage/.system 444M 2.22T 408M legacy
Storage/.system/cores 10.6M 2.22T 10.6M legacy
Storage/.system/samba4 4.56M 2.22T 4.56M legacy

But under the menu Periodic Snapshots I can not select the Storage/.system dataset, the old one (on the other drive) can be selected.
How can I create a dataset for the .system folder so I can create snapshots and synchronise them and make sure that FreeNAS uses that location e.g. for the samba4 files?

D

dlavigne

Just so it's clear: you have 2 drives and 2 pools and you moved the system dataset from one pool to the other pool?

Mobus

Cadet
Correct, in detail: I have 2 HDD drives in one pool and 1 single SSD drive in the other, so 2 pools in total. I moved the .system from the SSD pool to the 2 HDD pool.

D

dlavigne

In that case, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Mobus

Cadet
Thanks @dlavigne I will, but as a quick fix for me now, is there a way to create a dataset manually for the .system folder so I can create snapshots and synchronise?

D

dlavigne

Not that I'm aware of as the system dataset needs to be configured for a pool. I think there might be some incorrect logic in the src for the use case of when the dataset is moved between pools, or possibly for when it is moved between different types of devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.