SOLVED Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607 LSISAS2008 wont flash to anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You'll get it...you just have to find the right combination. Once you get it all flashed to IT mode, don't forget to run the command "sas2flsh -o -sasaddhi 5003048" and then come up with 9 more alphanumeric characters...this would work "006h9hd30"
Or use the address printed on the label.

bigphil

Patron

MrJonny

Dabbler
Using those modifed files I've gotten thurther but only an see 3 drives like he did in his guide, but he says his SBR fixed that issue but I used that one and no luck. I have email him asking if he uploaded the correct file.

I've been trying for days now to flash my new Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607 LSISAS2008 to LSI IT mode.

I don't know anything about that specific card @MrJonny. Given that you've tried everything reasonable and sane, how about an oddball suggestion?

When we couldn't get our HP-branded card to work using the most current tools, I found a note suggesting an older version of sas2flsh. Seemed crazy but as soon as we used the P14 version of sas2flsh instead of the P20 version - even though we were installing the P20 firmware - it worked like a champ.

Cheers,
Matt

bigphil

Patron
Using those modifed files I've gotten thurther but only an see 3 drives like he did in his guide, but he says his SBR fixed that issue but I used that one and no luck. I have email him asking if he uploaded the correct file.

You're close. So using this guide, you grabbed the sbrfj.bin file and wrote it with "megarec -writesbr 0 sbrfj.bin" and then "megarec -cleanflash 0" rebooted and continue to Dell FW steps? If it still only detects 3 drives, try this h200 sbr from this guide. I found some other posts that state the h200 sbr file is a must for successfully flashing the D2607.

Last edited:

MrJonny

Dabbler
EDIT: its hard for me to keep 2 guide up to date so I shall link the guide I keep up to date. https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg526226#msg526226

I know its on lime tech forums but then you guys wouldn't have link to the updated guide.

Hi Bigphil,

Good news :D:D, after some more reverse engineering, I have gotten it all to work. I got p20 IT mode currently, not if the performance is as good as my old dodgy sata card, maybe its the p20, I'll give it a little while and see how fast the ZFS scrub goes, should go atleast 140mb/s. If it doesnt then I think I shall downgrade the firmware to p19.

I had to edit the SBR a little more, changing the value of "lone little mystery yellow byte" in this guide I tried the value of 04, 07 and then I thought I'd start at 00 and make my way up to FF. BOOM! it saw all drives when I first tried 00. Its little tricky because you have to recalculate the checksum back to 5b, but it's do able and I was able to do it.

Which version of 9211-8i should I use p20 or p19? I read some things about p20 but some say its been fixed.

Create DOS USB using RUFUS and copy these files to the USB
Follow guide using the files below on a USB. sas2flsh.efi is renamed to sas2hax.efi on these files.
MAKE SURE you do a "megarec -readsbr 0 sbrbackup.bin" before starting so you backup your original SBR
SBR SBR-A11.bin or SBR-A21.bin should get it working. Contains, p19 sas2flash thats been patched, P20 IT and IR Modes.
Mirror #1: https://mega.nz/#!T8cSRSwL!UUo72yqq-ov2ulKgaznP8vgVeE_zBMdpBQ7ZB2LvfO8
Mirror #2: Zippy Share
SBR-A21.bin worked on My D2607-A21
SBR-A11.bin worked on My D2607-A11

Last edited:

bigphil

Patron
Sweet! I knew you'd get it. I'd go with P20 (P20.00.07.00). So what did you have to do to get the checksum back to 5b?

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Which version of 9211-8i should I use p20 or p19? I read some things about p20 but some say its been fixed.
Some users reported problems with early releases of the P20 firmware, but the current release is fine. The recommended version is 20.00.07.00, available in a zip file named 9211-9i_Package_P20_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip available at Broadcom's website here:

https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/host-bus-adapters/sas-9211-8i#downloads

FreeNAS will complain and raise an alert if you use earlier versions of the firmware (P19 or earlier).

Good luck!

MrJonny

Dabbler
I'm getting 224M/s on the scrub now much better :)

Well you change the hex block I have circled in red to make it so what I have selected in blue adds up to 5B, as seen below in the blue circle.
http://i.imgur.com/f6Ifc5o.png
you might understand more if you compare it to his version
http://i.imgur.com/Jwgqy5m.png

Took me ages to understand what he meant in the guide but I worked it out.

EDIT: current version is mpt2sas_cm0: LSISAS2008: FWVersion(20.00.07.00) --- So I'm good.

bigphil

Patron
Thats great! Good job man. I'm sure this will help somebody in the future. There is a pretty interesting list this forum has posted about different cards. If you feel like it, it seems they have quite a few guys on this thread that have had no luck with the D2607 card. I'm sure you'd get some good karma points if you post your findings in that thread.

MrJonny

Dabbler
Hopefully it will. Add to your experience too :)

Thanks for your help :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
P20, there's no discussion. Always use the version that matches the driver, which requires P20 as of 9.10.2.

Rastan

Cadet
Congratulations MrJonny!

I got a Fujitsu D2607-A21 GS 1-card that I want to flash and use with FreeNAS.

Did you or anyone else publish a step by step on how to flash the A21 version without detours and do you anyone else know a link to the usb image that works?

I guess I have totally mixed up the order... Anyway, I have tried the following...

1. meagrec -readsbr 0 fredsbrbackup.bin
Success

2. megarec -writesbr 0 SBR-A21.bin
Success

3. meagrec -writesbr 0 sbrfj.bin
Success

4. megarec -cleanflash 0
Success

5. sas2flsh.exe -o -e 7
Success

6. sas2.exe -o -f 2118IT.bin
ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed!

MrJonny

Dabbler
Congratulations MrJonny!

I got a Fujitsu D2607-A21 GS 1-card that I want to flash and use with FreeNAS.

Did you or anyone else publish a step by step on how to flash the A21 version without detours and do you anyone else know a link to the usb image that works?

I guess I have totally mixed up the order... Anyway, I have tried the following...

1. meagrec -readsbr 0 fredsbrbackup.bin
Success

2. megarec -writesbr 0 SBR-A21.bin
Success

3. meagrec -writesbr 0 sbrfj.bin
Success

4. megarec -cleanflash 0
Success

5. sas2flsh.exe -o -e 7
Success

6. sas2.exe -o -f 2118IT.bin
ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed!

Follow my guide here. Its been updated a little too.

DOS for Megarec

EFI for sas2flash/sas2hax

Also dont use dos to flash the card, it must be EFI Shell. As the sas2flash.exe hasnt been patch for the card. EFI sas2hax.efi has.
http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg526226#msg526226

Status
Not open for further replies.