FTP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfran1990

Patron
ok so i have 2 pools 1 is a zfs2 SMB share.
The other is going to be a single 3TB HDD for only my ftp security cameras to store video.(if i need any video off the drive i will find it and move it over to my pc right away)

i followed the document to setup the anonymous login. i would like to be able to map the drive in windows (FTP:\\192.168.XXX.XXX\FTPshare) windows sees the dataset but i get asked for a password. in the documentation it says Give the built-in ftp user account permissions to the volume/dataset to be shared in Storage → Volumes as follows: • Owner(user): select the built-in ftp user from the drop-down menu • Owner(group): select the built-in ftp group from the drop-down men i can access it, it works with filezilla.

my question is how can i make it so windows see it as anonymous and doesnt ask me for a login? i want to be able to have my SMB share and my FTP mapped for easy access.

i have read in the documentation where it says not to use a dataset for more then one type of share. so it cant handle FTP and be SMB
Note: It is generally a mistake to share a volume or dataset with more than one share type or access method. Different types of shares and services use different file locking methods. For example, if the same volume is configured to use both NFS and FTP, NFS will lock a file for editing by an NFS user, but a FTP user can simultaneously edit or delete that file. This results in lost edits and confused users....and so on

if there is anything i can make more clear ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.