FreeNAS with S3 - can't see files/dirs in rootfs

mosh

Explorer
Hi,
I have a storage dataset in FreeNAS 11.1-U7 that is shared via NFS for a while now.
I would like to be able to access the data on it via S3 protocol, so i enabled S3 service on that path.

When accessing the S3 via <IP>:9000 i don't see the data that exists on the rootfs of the dataset via S3, however it is available from NFS.
In Addition, when creating a new file/directory via NFS. i can see it via the MinIO GUI, but i can't access the rootfs (/) any longer once i go inside a bucket (directory)

Any idea how can I make the rootfs see previously existing files/directories?

- Moshe

mosh

Explorer
No,
In addition, I noticed that once starting S3 on a storage path, it automatically trying to take ownership by setting owner/group to 'minio'
I think that S3 can only see files that belong to 'minio' user/group. not sure, i need to run more tests

- Mosh

mosh

Explorer
No,
In addition, I noticed that once starting S3 on a storage path, it automatically trying to take ownership by setting owner/group to 'minio'
I think that S3 can only see files that belong to 'minio' user/group. not sure, i need to run more tests

- Mosh

Once starting the service, it execute the following command in the background, causing permission issues to existing files:
/usr/local/bin/winacl -a reset -O minio -G minio -r -p <DATASET_PATH> -x

Why does minio try to take ownership on all files?
How can i make it work with the existing permissions?