Unable to connect because the target computer has actively declined the con or S3 API Request made to Console port

Shaju

Cadet
Hello,

I am a newbie with TrueNAS and the Minio with little linux knowledge using TrueNAS-12.0-U8
My goal is to render my Veeam setup a repository with imumutablity feature.

Following some good links on internet, did acheive something so far but not good enough to proceed with.

Problem : if i let the S3 service port at 9000 and Console port at 9001 and let the Jail Network properties NAT Forwarding at 9000 and 9001 then i cannot reach the MiniioJail url at port 9001.
If i change the console port to 9002 and let the Jail Network properties NAT Forwarding at 9000 and 9001 i can reach the Minio at port 9002. Strangely my /etc/rc.conf says still 9001.

Set went fine but cannot create bucket with mc client.

mc alias set minioveeam https://192.16.1.127:9002 TESTRHO6IBB TESTV7f1CwQqAcwo80UEI --api S3v4
Added `minioveeam` successfully.

mc mb minioveeam/veeam --with-lock
mc: <ERROR> Unable to make bucket `minioveeam/veeam`. Put "https://192.16.1.127:9002/veeam/": dial tcp 192.16.1.127:9002: connectex: Unable to connect because the target computer has actively declined the connection.

if i shuffle with ports of S3 and Jail Network properties then i get error
mc: <ERROR> Unable to make bucket `minioveeam/veeam`. S3 API Request made to Console port. S3 Requests should be sent to API port.

i have made 4 pools with dataset to make erasure code work and changed the rc.conf (see picture) not sure if this is put right by me.

Need some guidance step by step if possible :) Appreciate your help in loads. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Attachments

• s3 ports.JPG
    s3 ports.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 213
  • rcconf.JPG
    rcconf.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Jail Network properties.JPG
    Jail Network properties.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 213

Shaju

Cadet
Thanks for you reply Kris Moore, no i havent checked your suggested link before.
Presently trying out TrueNAS-12.0-U8 as the internet links and youtube vidoes lead me to that.

Does it imply that i need to move to TrueNAS Scale variant ?

Shaju

Cadet
Hello Kris,

I did follow your mentioned hardened backup repository for veeam by installing Truenas scale from scratch.

Somehow at Step 4. Configure Backup Repository Settings in Veeam
i dont see any option Make backup immutable for x days.

Any suggestion what i am missing.

Regards