FreeNAS with dual expander backplane

vtpilot

Cadet
I recently moved my FreeNAS server to a larger case featuring the SuperMicro SAS2-837EL2 SAS backplane with dual expanders and wanted to validate my configuration. I have a single LSI-2308 based HBA in the server and I ran a SFF-8087 cable from each port of the HBA to the incoming port on each of the expanders thinking this would allow me to take advantage of the second path in case of hardware failure. Probably gross overkill for my needs but why the heck not. Everything came back OK but when poking around in the disk section of FreeNAS I now see I have 16 additional unused disks listed. I'm assuming this is a less than ideal setup but can't find anything on the correct way to make this work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

vtpilot

Cadet
Slight correction to the above. If I look at the pool it's comprised of drives da0-da15. In the disks view I am only seeing da16-30 and they are showing as Unused. The ones that actually comprise the pool aren't visible.

vtpilot

Cadet
Thanks. I just ended up blowing away the pool and recreating it which added all the multipath elements. I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do it but since I didn't have much on this was the easy win.