Freenas usenet setup guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
crontab -u media -e

nothing happens.
I'm pretty sure something happens. It apparently isn't what you expect to happen, but even if it just drops you back to a shell prompt, that's something. Though you can probably safely skip the crontab entry for the time being.

I've never gotten the hang of vi. For minor editing jobs, I use nano. If that isn't installed in the jail, try ee.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
The nginx step is for having ONE URL to go to and using /appname to get to those applications instead of using port numbers. Just set it up with port numbers for now and mess with the more advanced stuff later.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The proxy pass entries (a nice touch, IMO) let you go to http://jailip/sabnzbd, /transmission, etc., rather than needing to remember the port numbers for each of those apps. Or you could just bookmark each of the apps, in which case that's much less relevant.

ozwaldca

Explorer
when starting services i am getting:
service transmission start && service sickrage start && servi ce nginx start
usage: chown [-fhvx] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] owner[:group] file ...
chown [-fhvx] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] :group file ...
Starting transmission.
Starting sickrage.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 535, in <module>
SickRage().start()
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/SickBeard.py", line 288, in start
sickbeard.CFG = ConfigObj(sickbeard.CONFIG_FILE)
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/configobj.py", line 1219, in __init__
self._load(infile, configspec)
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/lib/configobj.py", line 1302, in _load
raise error
configobj.ParseError: Invalid line at line "1".
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickrage: WARNING: failed to start sickrage

ozwaldca

Explorer
ok very kool i can use port numbers with no problem... my background is networking anyways...

Steve Brown

Explorer
I am probably not too much help but I have installed sonarr(pretty much the same as sickrage) using the freenas plugin which creates another jail. Going back to your data question yes you have to link/map your storage. Think of a jail as a virtual environment or another machine. This is why some people simply install everything into one jail. When you install plugins it creates a jail for each plugin. So with that being said you will need to add storage to your jail. Here is a screenshot from mine.

upload_2016-4-22_10-42-58.png

ozwaldca

Explorer
thanks for info.... although i got farther this time still not quite there....

i know understand the jail concept. i am ok addding all to one jail/environment!

Status
Not open for further replies.