FreeNAS showing wrong update

CodeAuror

Cadet
Hi there,

I'm on the updatepath FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE (...). Nevertheless when i check for updates freenas shows me that it wants to update from FreeNASUI-11.2-U3-... to FreeNASUI-11.1-U7-...
Any ideas how to solve this?

Thx
CA

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
There is no upgrade available right now.

CodeAuror

Cadet
I do know, that there are no updates right now.
My FreeNAS is running on FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE but claims that there are updates it wants to install and shows the updates of FreeNAS 11.1-U7.

How can I solve this? It should show "no updates available".

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It looks to me like your system thinks it's on the 11.1 train.

Depending on how important this is to you, you can try:

1. save your config (although be aware that the saved config also contains the train information), reinstall FreeNAS, restore config... maybe that resolves it if your configured train is really 11.2.

2. save your config. Try changing trains to 11.1, then see if without rebooting you can change trains back to 11.2. If all that messes up, you're back to option 1... or worst case option 3.

3. don't save your config. rebuild FreeNAS.

Don T

Cadet
I have a similar problem:
My system is running 11.2 U1 and this is reported in the About.
Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1

However under the system update shows updates for 11.1 trains (release, nightly's)...

Check for Updates Daily and Download if Available
Train FreeNAS-11-STABLE - Release Train for FreeNAS 11.1 [release]

No data shows for 11.2

I did mistakenly apply such an update many months ago when it reported updates available (and I was not paying enough attention), and the whole system corrupted. I manually re-loaded an 11.2 on the boot device but the system still reported 11.1 in update.

I then load the boot drive with a brand new 11.2 U1 from ISO. Never the less it still reports 11.1 !
My boot device (USB Cruzer) has only one boot environment on it and that is 11.2 ?

Clearly I am missing something: Any ideas to get update working?

The system is running Happily on U1 - no other issues but i was wanting to update.. and don't want to have to manually load boot environments.
I was wondering if I can apply a manual patch 10.2 U4 on top of what the system thinks is 11.1 version..

lofwyr

Cadet
We are seeing this issue as well when upgrading from 11.1 to 11.3 U1 earlier today. Would be nice if we could switch to a different train and back since we are using TrueCommand and now the system looks like it has an update and it could easily be downgraded by mistake when upgrading others.