FreeNAS - PowerPC QorIQ Architecture Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkatesh

Cadet
Hi All,

I was very new for this FreeNAS.
I Am trying install NAS for my PowerPC processor (latest only). I have seen FreeBSD support powerpc (may be up old arch).
I think FreeNAS is FreeBSD+ Some patches for N/w & FILEs.

I have Few questions...

1.Will FreeNAS supports PowerPC. Or need to configure From X86 to PowerPC & How?

2. IS There any Other Linux/BSD based derivatives to be Used for NAS.

3. So i was trying to boot "FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x86 " on x86(intel core2Duo E7500) platform. I was trying with by making USB bootable by UnetBootin S/W.
It is not detecing boot files and giving any errors.

Any suggestions to move fwd and install in x86 platform.

Thank you in Advance,
Venkatesh.

JaimieV

Guru
1. There are no releases of FreeNAS for PPC, only for Intel-compatible (x86) 32bit and 64bit chips.

2. I don't know of any NAS-specific releases - there are some standard *BSD and Linux distributions for PPC, but they are few.

3. Please create your bootable stick using the FreeNAS instructions, rather than using other methods - find them here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Installing_and_Upgrading_FreeNAS

venkatesh

Cadet
Thanks JaimieV,

I switched to x86 pc and trying to install though virtual box.
Install4.jpg

Again its showing the install steps, not going to booting process.
In other way i was trying to boot with QEMU s/w.
here after loading the image, its not showing the GUI mode.

Any suggestions to solve these.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

JaimieV

Guru
Vankateesh, that looks like a successful installation of FreeNAS to the Virtual hard drive. Reboot the machine you have installed to, and remove the CD.

Note that it's not usual to install FreeNAS to a hard drive in a physical machine as you have done in VirtualBox - in a physical machine you would create a bootable USB stick and boot from that.

venkatesh

Cadet
Thanks JaimieV.
Now i was running freeNAS on my x86-pc with virtual box.
But problem is i am not getting GUI.
http://doc.freenas.org/images/3/34/Initial1a.png
if i give option :'7' , just its saying login info. has been reset, but again showing the config options.
Only i am able to use shell.
i am running with 512MB RAM in Virtual BOX. 2GB space.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

JaimieV

Guru
Again, read the screenshot. At the bottom it tells you how to get to the GUI - using a web browser on a different computer. If the URL there doesn't work from your host computer, check you have set up the Virtual Box networking correctly.

All of this is in the manual! Please read it before asking.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Anyone want to wager how long it'll be before the OP creates a thread with "I think I lost my data.. help"?

Status
Not open for further replies.