FreeNAS poweroff

Status
Not open for further replies.

fajung

Dabbler
hello, I installed FreeNAS 11.1 U2 in a new PC, I toke me some time setting it up as I liked, but now it was looking good for me, but yesterday morning I left home with the pc ON, and when Icame back an hour later the pc was powering off (no blackouts), I powered it back on and configured the email, so, today it powered of again, the ups was on, a 220v clock was on time(on blackouts it reset it self), blackouts, I check my email and there is a email from freenas.local dated 15hr ago, 15 hours ago the pc was running:
Code:
freenas.local daily security run output
No /var/log/mount.today
No /var/log/dmesg.today
-- End of security output --

the last configuration that I did was adding a user to upsd.user just to do a beeper.toogle
where can I find a log to check what happened here?
-
PC: Motherboard: ASUS Prme 320M-k
Micro: AMD Apu A 10 9700 bridge
RAM: DDR4 1x8GB crucial 2400 mhz
USB SanDisk ultra fit 16GB USB 3.0
HDD 2TB WD Red
Power 630w Sentey
UPS: Lyonn CTB 800

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

The system rebooted, perhaps due to load, perhaps due to heat or faulty hardware.

Does this system take more RAM? If so, add some. Also, the Realtek NIC won't be able to handle load and should be replaced with an Intel one.

fajung

Dabbler
I'm going to check the cpu & and RAM usage.
-
in this FreeNas I got Samba,UPS, FTP, 2 jails(Transmission & other with flexget).
-
Edited:
it has been workig just fine over 3 or 4 month,
could a UPS failure trigger the system shutdown?
a week ago I found the way to set up the ups service / monitor ?
or maybe I should disable the S.M.A.R.T HD check on the bios.
screen captures: https://imgur.com/a/lAKyegQ

Last edited:

sretalla