SOLVED FreeNAS on VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to FreeNAS and had the opportunity to Setup an old pc for a friend as NAS-Server and everything worked fine sofar. Today I wanted to Setup FreeNAS on my own pc in a virtual Environment (VirtualBox), just for testing and learning purposes.
I followed the how-to and was able to get it running - meaning I can Access and log into the WEB Gui from any pc in the Network. The Problem is that I cannot edit the webgui. If I make changes to any Setting and click save nothing happens. Logout and Login again confirms that because all Settings are gone. I log in as root. I tried both iso install via virtual CDROM and img install via USB drive. Both worked but both Show the same Problem in the GUI.
I am using a Windows 7 Pro 64bit System with 8GB of RAM, 256GB SSD (OS), 2TB HDD whereas FreeNAS is running from the stick and VirtualBox is installed on the SSD. I allocated 5GB of Memory in the VB Settings. Network is set to Bridge mode and device Name is my WLAN USB stick.
I suspect my Network. I Access a foreign router (my neighbour who is providing me the Internet Connection) via the WLAN USB stick. Usually my internetconnection works perfectly fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Chris

D

dlavigne

Which browser are you using? If it's IE, try a different browser such as Firefox. Also, how much space did you allocate for storage?

Correct. I am using IE. The virtual drives get 10GB dynamically allocated. I tried also vmdk and vdi and no Change.
Btw, do you know a way to fix the drive letter for the usb drive which I have permanently attached to the pc? At the Moment Startups tend to Change the driveletter and the freenas.vmdk is not valid anymore.

Sorry - mistake: I ment physical drive number (not drive letter).

You were right! I tried Firefox and it is working. I can save Settings. Thanks a lot.
What the hell is IE doing?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It's a crappy browser, has been for a decade. Welcome to the 21st century!

Status
Not open for further replies.