FreeNAS (now TrueNAS) is no longer stable

guermantes

Patron
I have been having the exact same problems as mentioned in the above. I'm just running a simple home server here. I gave up on VM's because the images kept getting corrupted. Things seemed to get better (at least I thought) with the upgrade to U1.1, now I'm getting the same disk I/O errors as listed in the ticket posted above. The only solution is a hard reboot, as a graceful shutdown wasn't even possible with a keyboard and monitor connected to the machine itself. I've used freenas since 2008 and this is the least stable I have every seen it. My pool has been built and upgraded upon for 10+ years and this is first time I've had corruption issues. This just seems like serious bad show for home user, but I can't imagine how professional datacenters could deal with this without pulling their hair out.

Are you saying you are getting corruption issues without running any VMs? (I got the impression the issue discussed in this thread was occuring for users running VMs.)

Anaerin

Cadet
I'm certainly not running any VMs. Jails, certainly, but there's no VMs on my system, and it's running on bare hardware, not in a virtual machine. I'm currently waiting on U3 and hoping that fixes the issue, and for now I'm running U1. This is for system crashes due to disk activity introduced in U1.1

Ryan Hunter

Cadet
Yes I'm definitely getting read and CAM errors as well as VM corruption. I've run memtests as well as long smart tests and found that memory and drives are not the problem. As it turns out it may be my processor or mainboard that's at fault rather than TrueNAS itself. I'm still trying to narrow it down.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Yes I'm definitely getting read and CAM errors as well as VM corruption. I've run memtests as well as long smart tests and found that memory and drives are not the problem. As it turns out it may be my processor or mainboard that's at fault rather than TrueNAS itself. I'm still trying

diskdiddler

Wizard
Jira ticket now closed, is anyone still having issues with this?