Updating from TrueNAS 12.0-RELEASE to 12.0-U1.1 broke iSCSI

dweimer

Dabbler
I upgraded from 12.0-RELEASE to 12.0-U1.1, I have one iSCSI volume mapped to a FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system after the update writes to the iSCSI drive start off running fairly fast (but slower than it should) and then slow down until the FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system reboots itself. The system runs Bacula, I can duplicate it running a full backup of anything over about 4G. Or simply copying a file over about 4G in size. I can read from the disk just fine, I have a bunch of 15G virtual tape volumes on the iSCSI target copying one of them to the local file system runs great its only writing to the iSCSI volume (FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system is using ZFS on the iSCSI volume). These systems were working fine since TrueNAS 12 in RC stage. Of course the FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system has been upgraded over that time. The TrueNAS system was previously updated from the last RC to 12.0-RELEASE on 10/22. No issues since then until the 12.0-U1.1 update. I have a few SMB shares and an NFS share that are running fine from the system, its just iSCSI where the issue appears. is Anyone else have write issues with iSCSI after upgrading to 12.0-U1.1?

dweimer

Dabbler
I upgraded from 12.0-RELEASE to 12.0-U1.1, I have one iSCSI volume mapped to a FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system after the update writes to the iSCSI drive start off running fairly fast (but slower than it should) and then slow down until the FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system reboots itself. The system runs Bacula, I can duplicate it running a full backup of anything over about 4G. Or simply copying a file over about 4G in size. I can read from the disk just fine, I have a bunch of 15G virtual tape volumes on the iSCSI target copying one of them to the local file system runs great its only writing to the iSCSI volume (FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system is using ZFS on the iSCSI volume). These systems were working fine since TrueNAS 12 in RC stage. Of course the FreeBSD 12.2-p3 system has been upgraded over that time. The TrueNAS system was previously updated from the last RC to 12.0-RELEASE on 10/22. No issues since then until the 12.0-U1.1 update. I have a few SMB shares and an NFS share that are running fine from the system, its just iSCSI where the issue appears. is Anyone else have write issues with iSCSI after upgrading to 12.0-U1.1?
After a bunch of troubleshooting including bring up a new TrueNAS server on the older 12.0-RELEASE, and creating a VM to test as the Initiator, instead of my production machine. I was unable to duplicate the issue on either the TrueNAS server that was running 12.0-U1.1 or the new TrueNAS server running 12.0-RELEASE, and then again after updating 12.0-U1.1 to 12.0-U2. I tested the FreeBSD VM at both 12.2-RELEASE-p2 & -p3. Didn't have it at either point. Which led me to hardware on the original server. Turning off the rxcsum, txcsum and tso on the network interface cards appears at least initially to have resolved the issue. Still doing some more testing.