FreeNas, Google Drive and no longer syncing

parker.ask

Cadet
Greetings,

I currently have a FreeNas system with version FreeNAS-11.3-U5. I have been using this for backing up Shared Google Workspace drives to a Pool. It has worked for years. I have even added shared drives and added them to the cloud sync tasks and they have all succeeded.

However, since May 4th, 2022, cloud syncs have started to fail. I am getting "ValueError: rclone failed with exit code 1".

I have validated my credentials and it seems to connect. However, In the error log, it is complaining about only binary content can be downloaded. I have opened up a ticket with google and they suggested that it was due to google API limits. I turned off all the cloud syncs and have not run them in 48 hours. I tried to run them today and they still failed. I had 15 syncs going, and 10 of them failed. I am at a loss of what to look at to fix. One thought I had was it was only failing a drive if it had a file that was edited.

Please let me know if there is more that I can provide. Thank you,

Attachments

• rclone exit 1.png
    rclone exit 1.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Error log.pdf
    71.5 KB · Views: 145
@parker.ask

Welcome!

You know you are running an obsolete and unsupported version with potentially unpatched vulnerabilities, right?

parker.ask

Cadet
That I did not know. When I check for updates under System, it show there are no updates available. Where would I go to get a manual update file?

Thank you,

Redcoat

MVP
Did you google this error? I recommend you ask for assistance on the rclone project's site at https://forum.rclone.org/, perhaps after updating and verifying problem still exists.

That I did not know. When I check for updates under System, it show there are no updates available. Where would I go to get a manual update file?

Thank you,

1. Save your config
2. Make sure you have a backup of your data you can easily restore in the event the upgrade does not go well.
3. Manual upgrade from FreeNAS to the latest TrueNAS CORE

Suggest searching the forums for others doing the same and what problems they encountered first.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Alternatively, in the System->Update area, try switching trains, and scanning for updates again.

All the manual update files are available at https://download.freenas.org/. I recommend you go to 12.0-U8.1. 13.0-RELEASE is still pretty buggy.

parker.ask

Cadet
Thank you. I will look at performing a manual update. And not going straight to 13.0-RELEASE. I will not be able to upgrade today but will tomorrow. I will post how this goes.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Remember to read the release notes! I'll drop this here, so you can have a successful upgrade.

parker.ask

Cadet
I was able to successfully backup and perform the UI upgrade to TrueNas 12.0-U8.1. I am currently running my Cloud Sync tasks manually to check them. So far, they are working well.

I thought that I saw there was a bug about the cloud syncs running not on the correct time zone. Is that correct?