11.3-U1 Google Drive Custom Credentials Issue

networkgeek

Cadet
Since upgrading to 11.3-U1, I began to use the new cloud credentials GUI to set up a Google Drive access token for rclone cloud sync tasks by following the instructions in the official FreeNAS documentation. This included using the interactive OAuth consent screen that is published for the FreeNAS app to automatically generate an access token to access my account. After setting this up, I discovered that my Google Drive (GSuite Account) cloud push task (set up through the FreeNAS GUI) was failing to complete. I determined from the log files that I am backing up too many files to Google Drive and am hitting the API call rate limit for the per user limit on the official FreeNAS published app. Therefore, I realized that I needed my own client ID for my GSuite account that doesn't use the external FreeNAS app so that I would not hit this per user API call rate limiting.

I have tried to generate my own credentials using the Google API developers console. At first, I used the OAuth 2.0 Playground to generate an access token that I could copy into the Access Token field in the FreeNAS GUI. Even with the option selected to generate a refresh key that never expires, after the 3600 second expiration timer on the access token, a new access token was not being generated by the FreeNAS software.

Since the OAuth Playground method didn't work (for longer than an hour), I then used the rclone config CLI from the root shell on my FreeNAS box (not in a jail) to generate an access token with my unique client ID and client secret. I copied the generated access token that the rclone config CLI spit out into the Access Token field in the Google Drive provider in the FreeNAS GUI. As I saw with the OAuth Playground, this access token generated by the rclone config CLI also expires after an hour and does not get refreshed.

Is there something that I am doing wrong here in the process of using my own client ID to generate an access token with an associated refresh token? My hunch is that the FreeNAS GUI for Google Drive access token creation doesn't support anything other than the 'LOGIN TO PROVIDER' GUI automated access token generation. I noticed that the rclone credential store location appears to be different from the location used by FreeNAS vs. the one used by the rclone config CLI from the root shell. Is there a way to have the rclone CLI utility generate a remote provider that the FreeNAS GUI can see and use for cloud sync tasks?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.