Hi. I've been running a FreeNAS system for the last two years. The specs are
Supermicro X9SRH-7TF
Xeon E5 1620 v2
96GB RAM
2x Intel M1015
1x Intel X540-T2
12x 5TB
8x3TB

I have a Volume configured with 10 mirrored RAIDs totaling about 29TB of storage. A few days ago, one of the matched pairs started showing "32" under checksum. I replaced the drive, and when it finished resilvering, the other matched drive showed "64" under checksum. I bought the drives at the same time, assumed it was an error with the drive batch, and replaced that one. The system finished resilvering and the drive I just replaced then showed "128" under checksum and the overall Volume showed "32" under checksum.

I restarted the system and the checksums are at 0, but the system started automatically resilvering again. The drive I replaced last night also appears in my Volume Status as UNAVAIL (and it's referred to by a long series of numbers).

I have a basic understanding (I thought) of how FreeNAS works from reading through these forums and other guides online over the years, but I'm not sure what to do about this. The data is backed up, but I used this system to run a video production business and need it working quickly.

Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

rs225

Guru
Is the RAM ECC? And is there a regular scrub schedule? A zpool status -v poolName when errors are showing would also be good.

Stux

MVP
How are the drives connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.