FreeNAS Down After Upgrade from 9.3 to 9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightNetworks

Explorer
So as the summary suggests I upgraded FreeNAS from 9.3 to 9.10 and now I am unable to connect to the FreeNAS via the webgui or any of the network shares. When I connect to the server via remote console it says that I can connect via http://192.168.1.13 however this does not work and the console shows the following error...

upload_2016-10-7_23-15-5.png

This error tends to imply that the network is down... but I have confirmed that the network is up... the switch is even showing network activity.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sakuru

Guru
Are you using active or passive LACP?

NightNetworks

Explorer
Passive... I just read online that 9.10 does not support passive? Does not appear that I can configure my switch for active either so for the time being I am attempting to go back to 9.3.

Is there anything that I can do to get LCAP to work in passive mode with 9.10?

Thanks!

D

dlavigne

Is there anything that I can do to get LCAP to work in passive mode with 9.10?

Nope, as FreeBSD changed this behavior in 10. The alternative (if you want to stay on 9.10) would be to instead use "failover" as the type.

NightNetworks

Explorer
Correct me if I am wrong, but fail over is not going to do anything for load balancing, correct?

NightNetworks

Explorer
On the plus side it looks like this LCAP active thing is a bug to a degree, see below taken directly from the FreeBSD site.

upload_2016-10-8_9-49-45.png

"...The current implementation always preforms active-mode LCAP..." Since this is listed under bugs I wonder if this means that they are going to change this at some point.

Sakuru

Guru

Pheran

Patron
Because their switch doesn't support it.

The point of active and passive LACP is not to match those settings. In fact, if you set both ends to passive you won't get any link aggregation. Active vs passive just tells you if one end is willing to start the LACP negotiation (active) or just listen for it (passive). It's perfectly fine to have one end in active and one in passive.

Status
Not open for further replies.