FreeNAS don't recognize SATA 3 disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

loic.rapp

Dabbler
So, if the card is based on LSI, is there some reason you're still asking if you can use an LSI? What LSI do you have access to?

Details...

I can access to all LSI catalog, so I think the LSI SAS 9201-16i it's a good option. Do yo have any feedback about this?

EDIT: Or LSI SAS 9305-16i/ LSI SAS 9300-16i

ALFA

Explorer
You could stick without problem with the LSI SAS 9201-16i (6Gb/s SAS - SATA port), dont need to look for the LSI SAS 9300-16i (unless you have 12Gb/s SAS disk)

loic.rapp

Dabbler
You could stick without problem with the LSI SAS 9201-16i (6Gb/s SAS - SATA port), dont need to look for the LSI SAS 9300-16i (unless you have 12Gb/s SAS disk)

Thanks for your reply!
I go to order it!

Have you any idea about the hardware configuration I've posted earlier?

ALFA

Explorer
Thanks for your reply!
I go to order it!

Have you any idea about the hardware configuration I've posted earlier?

Well, Im no a big fan of ASUS from servers, they could made a good job on enthusiasts, gaming things but here you are looking for something less enthusiastic and something more server grade, so its best to stick with the recommendation list, supermicro stuff (they know what they do), take a look at their page.

PD. remember that the LSI SAS 9201-16i is Four x4 internal mini-SAS connectors (SFF8087)

Last edited:
Speaking of Asus motherboards, another active thread discusses an Asus server motherboard that apparently was not using the error correction from EEC RAM - i.e, it would work with EEC RAM, but you wouldn't get any benefit from the error correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.