FreeNAS asking users for credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

@sc

Cadet
Hi everyone! Please bare with me, I am a windows guy that has inherited a
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201604120241 file share. All the Mac OSx users are in the same group and this group has permissions to all of the directories but when they try to access the server using this path:

\\x.x.x.x\YM\C\A\Folder

They are prompted for their username and password. When username and password are entered, they are not allowed to sign in. However, if they go to this path directly from their mac computers using Go To Server, they are able to get to the directory without any problem.

Thank you for any info/suggestions you may have!!!!!

nojohnny101

Wizard
Welcome to the forums!

You should read the forum rules, these were written so when posting threads, you get the best chance of getting help on your problem. Link here

Along with all required information that is outlined in the forum rules (full hardware specs, network setup, freenas version [which you already provided]) you can post what Mac OS X version your clients are using.

Also what protocol are you accessing the share with? SMB? NFS? AFP?

@sc

Cadet
I apologize. Here is what I have right now. I will have the Mac OS X version in the morning:

Build: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201604120241
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5560 @ 2.80GHz
Memory 49117MB

Using AFP.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Can you possibly take screenshots of your AFP share settings. Also, I'm not quite sure I understand the structure of what you're trying to access.

Does each user have their own dataset? Is this a share dataset and there are folders within this dataset that have unique permissions to each user?

EDIT: Also waiting on Mac OS X version.

@sc

Cadet
we ended up using file://x.x.x.x/fileshare to get to the directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.