Freenas 9.3 and FireFox No Storage - Scrubs - User information.

Paul5

Contributor
I don't know how write this up. As the title says 'Freenas 9.3 and FireFox No Storage - Scrubs - User information.'

Firefox 72 all good, Internet Explorer all good, Edge all good, Firefox 73 lost information.
I tried Firefox reset and same result, set all settings as per the 72 version and still no luck.
Only difference I found was a server tab security certificate that isn't in FF73 I exported from 72 but there is no way to import into 73 and get certificate doesn't work or at least I can't make it work.

Obviously it has something to do with FF73, anybody have similar issue or know how to resolve for Firefox is the only browser I use.

Attachments

• 4-FFFreenas2020-03-08 02_05_27-.png
    4-FFFreenas2020-03-08 02_05_27-.png
    723.3 KB · Views: 202

danb35

Hall of Famer
I certainly can't say for sure, but it's entirely within the realm of reason that something in the GUI of a five-year-old release might be incompatible with a modern browser.

Paul5

Contributor
I've been reluctant to upgrade for it can take 24 hours to last time 9.1 to 9.3 a week. As anyone knows one issue can take hours to resolve.

So I bit the bullet and upgraded. So far, 12 hours and counting. I Have to say I somewhat knew my way around 9.3 for what I needed but 11.3 is not user friendly and very cryptic on information. Rhetorical questions that I will ask on their own threads: What the H*LL are ACL and all these settings that seem to have crippled client logins I went from a simple working system to a partially broken one. If I change one share setting it keeps wanting to configure the ACL.

I went to upload a saved config file and I Sh*T! myself. What do you mean reset passwords, is that for Freenas GUI, Client Loggins, Encrypted disk passwords, All of them? Needless to say can't restore the config until I know what it's going to do yet alone the saving questions, 'salting' I know what salting is but how does it affect my save and restore. Old days you just save the config file that's it, upload just as easy. No new underwear needed.

I think It's gone way to complicated and cryptic for the average home user. Freenas may want to consider the employ of a technically minded person that speaks laymen and apply their knowledge to info bubbles for example. I don't care if the info bubble takes up the whole screen or even instead of having all these '?' with useless information they trigger a link to an explanatory page like some links already exist.

Sorry, One hour to upgrade, 12 of frustration to relieve :) and that's just the beginning.

Aghh! Well it warned about the 'seed' but how do I know it was seeded. So I selected a config in the hope it would read it and tell. No, so I clicked upload in the same hope. Nope it just went to upload and reboot instantly. Sh*T setup. Way to risky, you don't know what's what. Definitely not user friendly.

Last edited: