FreeNAS 9.2.1 upgrade to 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gothroach

Cadet
Hi,

I'm working on an older FreeNAS setup that's still on version 9.2 and is having some issues. Unfortunately, I don't have an easy way of accessing the machine and have been trying to upgrade it via the web GUI with no luck. I'm getting a generic error immediately after image upload both on Chrome and Firefox, with FreeNAS image versions 9.10 and 11. Where would I look on 9.2 to find out what's failing in the upgrade? If I have to, I can make a trip over there and get it hooked into a monitor and keyboard but I'd really like to avoid that if at all possible. The system is currently running off of a 32GB USB drive but it appears that the default partition sizing was used when installing FreeNAS initially - the system partitions seem to total around 2GB. I'm hoping that it's just an issue of it not having enough space for the upgrade but I didn't want to start resizing system partitions without getting some advice first.

The NAS has been performing well for years, but they wanted me to look at it because it's been slow lately (high latency on requests and a lot of time outs, but normal transfer speeds once the request goes through). I found that a zfs process is taking 100% of one core constantly, even after reboots. I wanted to try and get the NAS on a more recent version before starting to figure out the performance issues.

Thanks in advance for any help!

D

dlavigne

I'd recommend upgrading to 9.3 first, verifying everything works OK, then upgrading to 11.

Redcoat

MVP
Take a look here for some pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.