FreeNas 9.1 boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah3210

Cadet
It is my first time using freenas and I am having a tough time even getting into the console I get and error message kdb_enter+0x3b and something about panic and a fatal trap. can someone please help im not sure where to go next I am using a CD and im trying to install it on a flashdrive because for some reason I couldnt get my flashdrive to boot. The mobo is Zotac mini itx h67 wifi. I am thinking its the disks that I used maybe? im not sure some advice would be awesome If I could get some help.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
First, check out the stickies in the hardware section. Your hardware is FAR from the recommended hardware. For that reason, incompatibility issues are VERY likely as well as stability concerns.

Noah3210

Cadet
I hope not I didnt have alot of choices I was looking for a 6 sata lga 1155 motherboard and there was only two and this was the only option. Also can you suggest something else? I am really trying to use owncloud/NAS/torrent box/ htpc kind of an all in one solution. The biggest thing I wanted was the ability to access and play movies and documents from my phone.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I can suggest you check out our stickies.. they'll tell you how to scout for your own hardware. That's about the best I can do as I don't like explaining everything that is already in the stickies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.