FreeNAS 9.1.1-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FreeNAS development team is delighted to announce the general release of FreeNAS 9.1.1. This release offers small, but significant, improvements to FreeNAS 9.1.0!
A number of cosmetic issues, UI tracebacks and outright bugs (such as
32 bit plugins not working) have been addressed since 9.1 was released.
A few features that were known to be broken, such as AIO in Samba3 or
IPv6 in plugin jails, were also disabled to avoid people shooting their
feet off.

Finally, a number of important ZFS stability fixes were also picked up
from the TrueOS repo during the creation of 9.1.1-RELEASE.

Thank you for all your participation and assistance during the 9.1.1 BETA and Release Candidate process. This release benefited significantly from your suggestions and bug reports!

For a list of all bugs closed between FreeNAS 9.1.0 and FreeNAS 9.1.1, please

FreeNAS 9.1.1-RELEASE can be downloaded from http://www.freenas.org/download.html as well as from CDN and SourceForge.

Enjoy!
Your Friendly FreeNAS Development Team

Sir.Robin

Guru
Thank you all!! :)

Whattteva

Wizard
Cheers! You guys are awesome!

Durkatlon

Patron
I consolidated 4 FreeNAS systems (2 running 32-bit FN0.7, and 2 running 64-bit FN8.0.2) to 2 new setups running FN9.1.1 in the past few days. I installed 9.1.1 on some old 2.5" HDDs that I had sitting idle (sorry, I am done with running from Flash: too many dead sticks and bizar problems throughout the years), copied my 8.0.2 backed up configs and a few reboots later, everything was working great! Switched out all drives from 2x 1.5TB mirrors to 4x 3TB raidz1 per system. I'm really liking the new UI, especially coming from a 2 year old version of FN8!! Great job!

emk2203

Guru
Any reason to run 9.1.1 when 9.1.1-RC2 is already installed?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Any reason why you don't just do the upgrade and not worry about it again later?

emk2203

Guru
The classic "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" reason, I guess.

If the release is just a renamed RC2, I'd rather not bother, even with small upgrade risks involved.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
But if you don't know if its broken, then why not try to fix it? To me, I'd rather take the 5 minutes and just do the upgrade than waste my time posting to the forum to find out. And even if you DO get a response, how can you be sure that the person responding really knows what they are talking about? I could easily have said "yep...its the same" and I'm sure he would have bought it without further question. But, if you just upgrade to the release, then there is no doubt at all that you definitely are on the release cycle, whether some forum poster says it matches or not.

So again, what would I do? I'd rather be on the release than risk potentially being "not on the release".

emk2203

Guru
I was hoping for one of the FreeNAS guys to comment on it, but you are right - with the last upgrades, one more doesn't really matter. Upgraded to 9.1.1 and zpool v5000 before this post...

J

jkh

Any reason to run 9.1.1 when 9.1.1-RC2 is already installed?

Yeah. We make improvements based on the BETA/Release Candidate builds and when you report a bug and you're not running the latest release, someone is likely to ask you to run the latest release because your problem was reported and fixed between the BETA/Release stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.