FreeNAS 8 and Clonezilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyoseph

Cadet
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and definitely new to freeNAS too. But I have my freeNAS server setup and running. I am having difficulty cloning an image of our workstations. So on FreeNAS, turned on CIFS and NFS from the service. Also, I have created a shared folder named home/partimag/. I can access this shared folder from my windows machines. FreeNAS is using our DHCP to get connected. So When trying to broadcast an image using clonezilla from a client PC. So now cloning seem to work fine for the bios partition, but for the rest of the partitions it gives me a message "CIFS VFS: NO response to cmd mid 2246" and on the subsistent lines I can see it is not writing or it says something like this. Write2 rest -11. wrote 0 and eventually it will tell me the partition in the image is broken sda2.

Any help plz?
thanks

Al562

Dabbler
Hi YYoseph,

In the past I have found that SSH, not CIFS or NFS, works best for me when cloning drives with Clonezilla.

Regards,
Al

cheongi

Dabbler
Tried logging in with ssh. To use a non-root account appears to not work unless *all* users have separate home directories, since root has to own everything at a higher level. Works fine logging in as root, so am prepared to put up with the security risk on my home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.