FreeNas 8 64 bit install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zpliptzy

Dabbler
So I tried installing the 64 bit software on the NAS I just built, and it gets really glitchy. Pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong- downloaded ISO, burned to a CD, booted from CD, the initial load occured. Then the screen that has the FreeNas logo came up, and normally where the lines of code would push it up, it just stays there, and the code continues loading. I can't really see if there are any errors. I tried installing the 32 bit software, just to see if the same thing would happen, and it installs fine, and I can access it remotely just fine after the install is done. I checked on the Intel site, and it says my CPU should be able to address 64 bit instructions. Here's my setup so far:

Intel D2500HN cpu/motherboard
4gb ddr3(in one slot, left the 2nd open)

Other than the front panel connectors, and the front USB connector, I have nothing connected-no hard drives are connected yet. I'm installing to the onboard USB connected 16gb thumb drive, and have a temporary DVD drive hooked up via the board's onboard SATA. Help please!

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi zpliptzy,

What's the cpu? How big is the USB key?

My first guess is that you are using a 2GB usb key that's actually just a hair to small. The docs require a 2GB key, but in my experience most of those end up being about 1.9GB, which is simply to small for the 2000MB FreeNAS image.

-Will

zpliptzy

Dabbler
The CPU is the D2500-its an atom processor/mobo combo from Intel. The flash drive is a 16gb one I had laying around.

zpliptzy

Dabbler
Oh, and I tried installing on another 8gb USB key, and that didnt work either

Status
Not open for further replies.