Freenas 8.0.3 Anon User and LDAP Auth User access

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidCityIT

Cadet
Hey guys, we have been using Freenas for almost a year now and I have been very happy with it until we upgraded to 8.2 (that will be another forum post). Anyway because of the issues I had I back rev'd to 8.0.3 and reset up our cifs shares for our backup system to push to. I was redoing our permissions to allow two types of authentication. 1. Our windows backup server and program authenticating via ldap and a specific user and group to one share. 2. Our linux server authenticating with anon access but limited by the ip address section in the cifs share settings.

This is not implemented from what I understand but I think I found a way around it and wanted your opinion to see if there is any gotcha's with the way I have done this.

Let's call this Share 1 and this is the anonymous access. Here is the volume permissions and the cifs share settings.

freenas1.jpg

freenas3.jpg

This would be Share 2 and this has the ldap permissions

freenas2.jpg

freenas4.jpg

So far I have tested across the network and the machines with the ip are able to access anonymously like they need to and those that are not included in that ip list cannot access that share. The same is true for the second share that only those in that freenas group are able to access that share as well. Obviously the only reason this works is by turning on other permissions for read/write/execute on the anonymous share from what I understand. Any thoughts or concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.