FreeNAS 11.3-U6 release?

revengineer

Contributor
Hello,
I just ran into the bug in 11.3-U5 where replication tasks cannot be edited after initial creation. It gives some "zero block error". This bug was previously reported and fixed. However, the bug post left open whether there will be a 11.3-U6 release that corrects the issue. Can we get some clarification whether such release will happen?

I understand that the issue is fixed in TrueNAS 12.0 but I am very hesitant to move with much production system to this new release at this time. This is based on past experience where I found going from the latest 11.2 release to the initial 11.3 release a big step backwards. I am sure TrueNAS 12 will be great and I plan to update within a year when most bugs are ironed out. It would be nice to have a transition period when bugs in the most recent prior version (currently 11.3) are still addressed.

revengineer

Contributor
Now that the Thanksgiving holiday has passed, I am bumping this to see if I can entice a developer to respond to the prospects of a 11.3U6 release. I am all ears...

MikeyG

Patron

revengineer

Contributor
Thanks for the pointer, I did not realize there was a roadmap page. To be clear, I did not mean to impose any urgency. I am just wondering if it will be scheduled at all given that many of us will continue to use this version for some time to come.

revengineer

Contributor
Thank you, @kting. This was exactly my issue and this solved it. I am still interested in a official U6 release fixing this an other issues, just in case the devs are reading this.