FreeNAS 11.3-U2.1 virtual machine for Windows 10 install keep rebooting

anchen

Dabbler
Hi there, wonderiing if anyone has seen the similar issue like this.

setup,

HP Microserver gen10, 4 core CPU with 32G RAM. no other cards installed. FreeNAS 11.3-U2.1.

I was trying to install WIndows 10 Pro as an virtual machine on the FreeNAS, using BIOS: UEFI. each time, as soon as the windows 10 installation starts, the install goes to Windows 10 crash screen straight away, and rebooted. The whole process keep cylcing again and again.

I am wondering if this is something specific for HP Microserver gen10? I used to have a gen7 microserver, and had no issue of installing WIndows 10 VM on FreeNAS.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.29.13 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.29.13 pm.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 196

anchen

Dabbler
Hi @argumentum ,

re: ram. yes. I have 20G free ram left, and only assigned 4G to windows 10.

re: VirtIO driver. Yes, was doing that.

re: USE RDP, not VNC. my question was, i cant even install it. the install crashed as soon as the install starts.

Yes, I was following that video for it.

Andy

anchen

Dabbler
I just installed Win10 ( that can use upto 2 CPUs ) and Server2019 ( that can use more than 2 CPUs ) as a test as per the video, flawlessly.
Get new ISOs just in case they are corrupted. I have an Intel CPU and you have an AMD Opteron, other than that, I have no clue. It should have worked.

Read on https://www.neowin.net/news/microso...-10-cpu-requirements-for-the-may-2019-update/ maybe that is the reason ?

hmmm, I am wondering if something to do with HP microserver gen 10 in particular.