Freenas 11.3 Windows 10 Virtual machine issue

Silv3rC@t

Cadet
Hello Folks :
I was previously running 11.2 with Windows 10 virtual machine using UEFI without any issues . After 11.3 install i cannot seem to load Windows 10 bootloader anymore .
it keeps coming back to Shell> . Tried upload the ISO etc . The strange part is with the same process i can boot windows 7 ISO without any issues.
Any idea ?
1583704149384.png

ornias

Wizard
I ran the Server 2019 ISO without issue.

How did you upload the ISO? The GUI tool to upload ISO's is pretty bad.

albertjose

Cadet
From the above Shell>
Type "exit"
then go to "Boot Manager"
Select "EFI DVD/CDROM"
Press "Enter"
Then a screen with "Press any key to boot from DVD/CDROM ..."
Press any key (Please remember to press any key")

Lucas Rey

Contributor
I have exactly the same issue with Windows 10 (and also Win 7). ISO doesn't boot on FreeNAS 11.3-U3.2
Does anyone solved in any way?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Most common problem is people trying to boot a 32 bit (ia32) ISO. Bhyve supports x64 only.

Lucas Rey

Contributor
Most common problem is people trying to boot a 32 bit (ia32) ISO. Bhyve supports x64 only.
Thank you, but I tried also with Windows Server 2019 (x64) and I'm still get the EFI menu as per OP. I'll try to use Media Creation tool to download the Win 10 x64 "clean" version. Maybe my ISO is not good.

LtHaus

Dabbler
Hello Folks :
I was previously running 11.2 with Windows 10 virtual machine using UEFI without any issues . After 11.3 install i cannot seem to load Windows 10 bootloader anymore .
it keeps coming back to Shell> . Tried upload the ISO etc . The strange part is with the same process i can boot windows 7 ISO without any issues.
Any idea ?
View attachment 36401
I am trying to install Win10 today..and I too see this..but I think, you may find that its a speed problem. In that you are too slow to get to the screen and "hit enter to install from CD". that message goes away pretty quick and this is what remains... I had to reset and jump into that tab like 3 times to see the message and once I hit enter, in time, it installed....