FreeNAS 11.3, Transmission, Permission denied

Primož

Dabbler
Has anybody successfully setup Transmission where it is possible to actually download files with it to one of the FreeNAS ZFS pools? I've tried any and every tutorial and mounted datasets to different points inside the jail, tried different RWX permissions, setup users in FreeNAS, etc. I always get the Permission denied error in Transmission. The root user of the jail can write to the folder I'm trying to download (touch bla.txt successfully creates a TXT file).

Is it me, being incompetent, or has this really become insanely difficult to successfully setup or troubleshoot at some point (warden -> iocage move?)?

Primož

Dabbler
owner@, group@ full control, everyone@ read, transmission (group) full control. And Permission denied (I added the Transmission group after seeing your post).

Again, to reiterate, the root user of the jail can successfully create a file in the same folder where I get a Permission denied in Transmission. Trying it with the 'transmission' user in the shell gives me that the user is not available or something similar...

EDIT: changing everyone@ to full control clears it up. So I guess it's something to do with the in-jail user not being connected to the FreeNAS user correctly. But why would the root user function without a problem?