Freenas 11.2 iocage symlinks

tnicks

Cadet
Migrated some of my jails recently to iocage and I'm running into unexpected behavior. Couchpotato is moving and creating a symlink back to my download but outside of the jail the symlink points to the mount point path from inside the jail, which is invalid outside the jail.
Inside other jails that mirror the same mount point paths, they files are not being found by Transmission and therefore can't seed.

Jail 1 (Transmission) has mount point /mnt/media/torrents where files are downloaded to.
Jail 2 (Couchpotato) has mount point /mnt/media/torrents and /mnt/media/movies
Jail 2 moves the movie to /mnt/media/movies and creates a symlink to /mnt/media/torrents
Outside the jails, the real path is /mnt/pool/media/torrents by the symlink shown outside the jail is actually pointing back to /mnt/media/torrents.

Any ideas on how to get things working again?

gt2416

Patron
Have you tried mounting your movie folder in your transmission jail as well ? I dont think symlinks work across datasets inside jails. I had a similar problem when setting up sonarr and did not end up getting it to work. Although I really didnt know much about FreeBSD at the time. If you search sonarr symlinks or something similar there are quite a few threads on this issue.

tnicks

Cadet
Well all of the data is on the same underlying dataset. The strange thing is that this used to work in the old jails. It's possible that I used to have them mounted to the same root level of the dataset. Right now they are just at the same directory, but not the root. It's just a bit odd that the symlink doesn't translate outside the jail. At least that is what I had expected.