FreeNas 11.2 Beta 2 iScsi not clear how to configure and not discoverable

Status
Not open for further replies.

OltreXR4

Dabbler
Hi,

after one week of fighting with FreeNas 11.2 trying to recover the previous data I decided to delete everything and to restart from scratch, loosing all my data (...).

I have a 12 disks 450Gb 15K box and a 12 disks 2Tb 7.2K box connected with Fiber Channel adapter.

Previously I had FreeNas 9.3 and everything was working fine connecting my vmware lab with iScsi.

After deleting everything I create 2 pools, one for the fast disks and one for the normal disks.
I have created the pool correctly and they are healthy.

Now the problem is the iScsi configuration.

I have created two targets: vm-fast-pool and vm-sata-pool and I would like to discover them as a volume to mount in vmware.

Now from this interface it is not possible to create any dataset or volume.

I have created one extents for each disk. The documentation is not clear.
Is it correct? Why from the UI everytime you want to define a new extent or edit one you do not have already selected the previous disk and you can select any disk also if previously selected?

I have tried to associate the extents with the target, it means that each extent has a different LUN and it looks to me not correct.
I have associated 12 extent to the first target correctly, I am trying to associate the other 12 extents to the other target BUT after the 8th extent I cannot see the remaining four, there is some limits?

I am not able to discover the two targets from my esx servers.
Do I have to do something more from FreeNas?

Thanks for your help.

kdragon75

Wizard
I have tried to associate the extents with the target, it means that each extent has a different LUN and it looks to me not correct
That is correct. Each LUN is a "disk" and needs to be identified separate from the others at the same target. Just like fiberchannel.
I have associated 12 extent to the first target correctly, I am trying to associate the other 12 extents to the other target BUT after the 8th extent I cannot see the remaining four, there is some limits?
No limit. Just a garbage UI. Use the old one and file a bug report please.
I am not able to discover the two targets from my esx servers.
Do I have to do something more from FreeNas?
Have you verified the networking is correct? Can the iSCSI vmkernel address be pinged form the freenas storage IP? Did you setup your portals and groups correctly?

kdragon75

Wizard
Also, why are you running the BETA? Beta2 has some serious bugs.

OltreXR4

Dabbler
Ok, at the moment I have solved all the issues.

So which is the best last stable and working version?

I have seen it is not possible to switch back to an older version...

Status
Not open for further replies.